Thursday, September 13, 2012

Arriving in Paris 8/30

Thursday morning, we were off to Paris! We took the Eurostar from St. Pancreas to Paris and once we arrived at the train station, we decided to grab breakfast. Kunal wanted a 'proper English breakfast' and I never had one. It was delicious but unfortunately a few minutes later, I wish I hadn't eaten it as we were running a 'bit' late for our train. When I say a bit late, I mean we were literally dashing down the platform getting to our coach before the train left us! We realized we need to be better about times and get there earlier rather than 'on time' We had the unfortunate pleasure of sitting diagonally across from a young couple with a child..a child who would NOT stop crying the ENTIRE 2 hours and 15 minutes it took to Paris. They really ought to have a 'with child' coach on the train so everyone else can enjoy the train ride peacefully.

Anyways, once we arrived, we took the metro to our hotel. Our hotel was AMAZING. Thanks to our diamond status, we were upgraded to a room on the top floor with its very own balcony! We had a wonderful view of the Eiffel Tower.


One of the things I love and crave at least weekly is Mexican food. Being in the UK, Mexican is NOT up to par. And Paris was probably no exception, even with being so close to Spain. Kunal, ever so thoughtful had arranged room service to bring us chips, salsa, and guacamole...and of course some Coronas! It was nice to have a touch of my favorite in one of the nicest cities in the world. Always being full of surprises, Kunal had a present for me. (Yes, I know that I'm beyond spoiled.) I had been going on about how much I wanted a Pandora bracelet but of course I haven't really had a good reason for getting one. Kunal decided to buy me one and I can fill it with charms relating to all the trips we've taken. It already has a tidbit of England and France. I'm looking forward to filling it up as we go one more adventures. We decided to go on a walk around our hotel. We were walking distance from the Acr de Triomphe and of course, lots of shopping on Champs Eylsees. We went to a bakery and brought a loaf of hard crusty French bread, went to a store and bought some cheese and a bottle of wine..and champagne..and the UK beer, Desperado which is made with tequila. Then we headed back to our hotel to enjoy our balcony and eat!

We were going to a show that evening called "How to become Parisian in One Hour" which is a one man comedy show and extremely funny. I definitely recommend going for anyone planning on visiting. After the show, we went to a Parisian bistro for a late dinner. It was delicious and we continued on with more wine and bread. We went to our hotel to enjoy the night view of the lit up Eiffel Tower and had more wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment