Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Crossing the t's

Slowly but surely, grown up life is coming together. I admit, I definitely didn't go by the list that most people typically use. You know, "meet, someone, get engaged, get married, move in together". I met someone, moved in , and then got engaged.

The only thing I have left to complete is the actually wedding. Granted I am legally married, but that's more for my own benefit than anything else. I still want my big fat Indian wedding which I'm planning currently. After that, I can finally lean back and relax. The major moments of my early adulthood will be complete. Thank goodness I have an older sister so no one will bother me about children until she has them first. =)

I didn't realize how hard it would be to plan a wedding 8 hours away. Last year, we made trips to NC fairly often. This year, the earliest I see us going south is in July! That's only 6 months before my wedding! That's the time when everyone books everything and so I'll be left with people I don't want. There really isn't any free time to schedule time to visit Raleigh to meet with caterers, decorators, and the people at the venue. I feel the best thing is to take a week off in July, we're supposed to be there 2 consecutive weekends anyways. This way we can see our families, meet with people, and squeeze in an engagement shoot. I know we don't technically need one, but I really one. What other time will I have to go on location and have a professional take pretty pictures? If only some talent agency would discover me at the next greatest model. Then I would for sure pass on the engagement shoot.

The problem with our week long vacations starts with the time we are taking off in June for my cousin's wedding and the time we are taking off in August for Kunal's cousin's wedding. Could we really ask for ANOTHER week off in the middle of summer and it not seem like we are being greedy?

No comments:

Post a Comment