Monday, June 25, 2012

June Travels

We're back in NJ after 2 back to back weekends of travelling out of town. We were in NC this past weekend, and in Chicago the weekend prior.

In Chicago, we attended the wedding of my cousin. This trip is the only trip of the year where we are going for an event on 'my side' as every other trip is for Kunal's family or friends events. It was such a joy to see so much of my family in one spot, especially since the last time I saw most of them was in October for my own engagement. As usual, being with my family hinders my ability to sleep. I want to soak up every second possible so usually sleep gets thrown off the 'to do' list. This just goes to show how much I enjoy my family time as sleep is one of my favorites things. Spending 3-4 days with my family was the cure for my apathetic spell I was going through here in NJ. I'm so used to always being around family that I never realized what a toll it would have on me when I go months without seeing them.

This past weekend, we went back to the wonderful state of NC for Kunal's friend's engagement party. I was beyond excited at the thought of finally going home. We hadn't been to NC since the holidays!! Being home was great, especially since my parents were actually here this time! (Last time I came home, for the holidays, they decided to go to Texas to surprise my sister and left me alone!) I was more than spoiled with food. I was getting over allergies or a cold, still don't know what I have, so my parents really babied me until I got well again. Sometimes I wonder why I ever decided to move out.

Now we are back in NJ, here to stay until mid-July when we go home again for more weddings. That trip will be great because I am staying home for 10 days. I am in the middle of planning my daily meals so I can be sure to get in all my favorites before I'm forced to come back to NJ. I think I'm more concerned with my meals that week than actual wedding planning. Oh, my priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment